Lamb’s liver is one of the best buys in offal and not often enjoyed. It has a strong iron like flavour but unlike other types of offal from calves or pig, it is a little more tender and delicate in flavour. It’s not as expensive either.
A good source of iron.
Serves 4; Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- 1¼ lambs’ liver, sliced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 400g/14 oz. (1 can)
- 1 large onion, chopped into large slices
- 3 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or paprika powder
- Dredge and dust the liver in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or skillet and gently cook the liver. Turn over after a few minutes to colour the offal.
- Add the celery and onion and keep cooking gently.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer with a cover over the pan for 15 minutes until the tomato thickens.
- Serve hot with green beans or just on its own.