A nice little Vietnamese street soup known as canh thit ham is this one;
- 350g pork belly, cut into thick pieces
- ¼tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 celery sticks, chopped into pieces
- 2-3 medium sized carrots, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 potatoes – medium sized, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 150g whole pea pods or mange tout
- a handful of coriander/cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Marinate the pork pieces in black pepper, salt and fish sauce for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Place the belly pork in a large saucepan or stock pot. Add 3 cups of water. Add the remaining vegetables and bring the whole to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the pea pods and cook until these they are tender but still crisp.
- Add further seasoning.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)