Need a quick and easy recipe for lunch. Why not try our scrambled eggs with spinach on toast. It is up to you as to how spicy it needs to be. At least some chilli (chili) should be added just to give it a bit of heat otherwise black pepper will provide the much needed spice attack. I’ve also added ground white peer for a more Italian feel and when combined with a good hard but grated Italian cheese then what can be finer. The spinach provides alternative nutrition, colour and and interesting texture.
Serves between one and two people. Being greedy I would just go with one of these and double the whole lot for two. I might also add a serving of grilled sliced mushrooms to really bulk it all out. The whole mixture can also be turned into a scrambled egg omelette as well.
Ingredients For Scrambled Eggs:
- 2 large eggs
- a pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a few drops or even a glug of olive oil
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan or Gran Padano cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes/ chili powder/chopped fresh chili (its your choice on how hot it really needs to be).
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a medium non-stick pan or skillet over a medium heat. Add the Baby spinach and cook for about one minute, tossing until wilted.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, for about one minute until the mix has just set. Try not to overcook the eggs as they will go rubbery.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with crushed chili or flakes, or more black pepper and serve on toast.