Preparation Of Puran Poli
How To Make Puran Poli :
- Blend the ghee and masala with the flour (maida). Add water by degrees to knead into a soft smooth dough.
- Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes. Repeat the kneading.
- Put in the 6 tbsps oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover and leave aside for 4 hours.
- Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle. Drain the water.
- Grind to a paste and with the jaggery and cardamom powder. The
filling should not be watery.
- Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small
balls and flatten them.
- Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling.
- Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the
filling does not come out.
- Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides.
- The Puran Poli is ready to be served when it has reached a soft brown colour.