This vibrant and flavorful salad combines the richness of roasted chicken with the creaminess of avocado, the sweetness of tomatoes and corn, the savory goodness of blue cheese and bacon, all topped with the crunch of tortilla strips. Tossed together with a zesty citrus lime vinaigrette, this salad is a delightful medley of textures and tastes, perfect for a satisfying and refreshing meal for four.
For the Salad:
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (roasted or grilled)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or thawed if using frozen)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
For the Citrus Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Salad Ingredients:
- Cook and shred the chicken, and set it aside.
- Dice the avocados, halve the cherry tomatoes, crumble the blue cheese, cook and crumble the bacon, slice the scallions, and prepare the corn.
2. Make the Citrus Lime Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, orange juice, honey, and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking continuously to emulsify the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Assemble the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, combine the shredded chicken, diced avocados, halved cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, crumbled bacon, sliced scallions, corn, and tortilla strips.
4. Toss with Citrus Lime Vinaigrette:
- Drizzle the citrus lime vinaigrette over the salad.
- Gently toss the salad to ensure all ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
- Divide the salad among four plates.
- Garnish with additional tortilla strips, if desired.
- Serve the salad immediately, allowing everyone to enjoy the combination of flavors and textures.
7. Optional Additions:
- Feel free to customize the salad by adding grilled vegetables, black beans, or your favorite herbs.
- For a spicier kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the vinaigrette.
- To keep the avocados from browning, toss them in a bit of lime or lemon juice before adding to the salad.
- Prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the salad just before serving to maintain its freshness.