Soya crisps are easy to make and are a very healthy replacement for potato crisps and fries. Try them when you feel the munchies and are an ideal diet snack.
1/2 cup soyabeans
1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
1 teaspoon cooking oil (corn, maize)
1 teaspoon salt
- Soak the soyabeans overight in water. The minimum time is 2 or 3 hours.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt to the soya beans, mix well and keep refrigerated overnight for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to the beans, mix in well.
- Place half of the beans in a shallow microwave safe plate and cook on a high setting ofr 5 minutes. Stir just once after 2.5 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining soyabeans (the other half).
- All the soyabeans to come to room temperature and store in an air-tight container.