Serves 4; Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 500g penne or farfalle
- 400g can tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 350g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- parmesan shavings
- 30ml water
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook the chicken pieces in the oil until cooked through, ideally browned and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until these are soft and almost translucent.
- Add the tomatoes (can and baby tomatoes) with water and up the heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, chicken pieces, salt and pepper to taste. Mix in gently but don’t destroy the baby tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Put the pasta in a bowl and add the sauce. No need to mix but serve with grated or shaved parmesan.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)