Ingredients For A Typical Fish Stock
For 5 litres
- 5 litres cold water
- 2kg white fish pieces and bones (haddock, sole, turbot, cod, whiting)
- 275g onions, finely sliced
- 50ml lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- peppercorns (if required)
- 2 bay leaves
- parsley and their stalks
- Place all the ingredients in a stockpot or large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and skim off any impurities.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes and keep skimming off any floating material
- Strain into a clean container
- Freeze in portions or use straightaway for further cooking.